Friday, October 1, 2010

My aid today

My aid made canned chili and I told her to put it in the digital pressure cooker/crockpot she put it in there and filled the pot to the max full line with water.  I just assumed she would KNOW that it was already cooked it just needed to stay warm for my dinner tonight.  I had her dump out all the water out and add a can of tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin, if it is still too runny I will have my night time aid add a can of tomato soup and more spices and see if that helps.  I'm sure it will turn out eventually LOL  I forget that people don't know how to use all of my appliances. I am a totally addicted to kitchen appliances. One aid totally unloaded my stove which is filled to use as storage.  I have cooked everything in a toaster oven for maybe 10 yrs now at least that long.  I MAY have used my beautiful new oven (in the one house I had) 4-5 times to make cookies.  It all started when my oven went out 10 yr/s ago.  The first oven didn't really go out the electronic ignition went out and the stove was so old we couldn't find the part to fix it, it was just too hard for me to bend down to light it with a match so I quit using it. I had a microwave with a convection oven in it and that was all I needed.  I usually just cooked one pot meals on the stove or heated up casseroles in the convection oven now I just use a toaster oven, my stovetop or my digital pressure cooker.  My aids are usually only cooking for me so we usually have extra for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment