Sunday, October 3, 2010

Not at my house this afternoon

I had to place my son in a host home 7 mos ago, or he was going to be taken away from me because of my health and the fact that I have no one to take him in case I couldn't watch him any more.  It breaks my heart that I have only been able to see him less than 10 time in the past 7mos.  It was finally all set up to have a respite care worker bring him over for 2 hrs. today but she called the host home mom and said she was sick.  If she doesn't show up next week I am turning it over to his case manager!  The financing for this was approved at least 3 mos ago but the host agency gave me the wrong phone number,  I was leaving her messages every week begging her to get back to me.  I don't understand why the new person with the number didn't have the courtesy to call me and tell me that she no longer had that number.  Maybe they only speak Spanish.   Anyway I am crushed and crying today. Meanwhile the man I've been dating for the past 9 yrs. is taking another woman friend to the Museum of Natural Arts to see the King Tut .  She doesn't drive so she asked him to take her.  My BF lived with her and her husband for 9 yrs. now they have split up after something like 16 years so she is helpless.  I told him to be careful she is going to latch on to him, she'll be calling for him to help her all the time.  I don't like it at all but what am I to do?  It's not like I can hop up out of bed and go with them.  Of course I wouldn't have done that today since my son was SUPPOSED to be here for 2 hours today.  My respite care is set up for only 2 hours a week.  I have a total of 8 hrs a month paid for so I chose to see him once a week.  His brother and I watched him 24/7 for almost 22 years.
Sorry I gotta go for now I need to play a game to get my mind off of everything.  While your here please ck out my blog on darlenesads.blogspot.com and fill out some leads for me or do some surveys so I can earn some money to pay to my own person I find to go pick him up and come help watch him.  TIA
Darlene

No comments:

Post a Comment